- Frank West
The Web is still young presented by Benjamin Hollway (@BenjaminHollway) at The Web Is 2014. Benjamin discussed how the web is still young and how there is no limit to our creativity. Here's what I learned from his talk.
There are countless young founders creating companies such as:
Helping younger people
Younger people are often treated differently, they are less trusted and have bad reputations such as excessive drinking. Here's what we can do to help:
- Offer cheap/free tickets for kids to conferences.
- Hold meetups and after conference events at venues where children can attend.
- Help at code clubs which teach 9 - 11 year olds to code.
- Younger people need mentors to gain advice but in return they may teach the mentor something new.
- Schools are now teaching 5 year olds to code but we need to help them see why it's good to learn.
- Companies will learn from work experience students and gain new ideas so both parties benefit.
- Age doesn't equate to experience.
The web is still young
- Things come and go every year.
- There is no limit to creativity.
- If it doesn't exist we can make it.
- Make a web that lasts.
- Devices will change.
- Everything we create should work on every device.